These soft and chewy brownies are loaded with ground espresso to give you that jolt of caffeine!
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼- ½ cup ground espresso
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- PREP: Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 175ºc. Spray an 8x8 square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- MELT: Fill a medium saucepan halfway full with water and heat over medium heat.
- Place a glass bowl over the saucepan so that it rests in the saucepan without touching the water. Add the butter and chocolate and allow it to melt completely. Remove from heat.Stir in the sugar and espresso grounds and continue to mix until the sugar is completely mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until each is incorporated before adding in the next. Add the cocoa powder along with the flour and mix until *just* incorporated. Do not over mix!
- BAKE: Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top. Bake the brownies for 30-38 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from the baking dish. Serve warm with cream or yogurt.