Today is Brownie Day. Try this delicious Espresso Brownies recipe - a different way to get your caffeine boost.
3/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
1 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
85 grams unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons brewed Karajoz espresso, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
55 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 180° C.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the sugars, eggs, espresso, and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the dark chocolate. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.